0 Monday Munchies

Monday, February 28, 2011

As promised here are the recipes for the dinner I made the other night

Sloppy Joes

*1 lb lean ground turkey (I used lean hamburger because for some reason ground turkey creeps me out IDK why don't ask me!)

*1 small onion chopped

*1/2 cup chopped celery (i just used 2-3 sticks)

*1/4 cup chopped green peppers (I used half a green pepper)

*1 can (10-3/4 oz) reduced sodium condensed tomato soup

*1/2 cup ketchup

*1 tablespoon brown sugar

*2 tablespoons mustard

*1/4 teaspoon pepper (i probably added more just bc I love pepper)

*8 hamburger buns (I bought whole wheat)

** In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray (I used extra virgin olive oil) cook the meat, onion, celery, and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain if necessary. Stir in the ketchup, soup, brown sugar, mustard and pepper (I added garlic because I love garlic but you don't have to)

** transfer to slow cooker cover and cook for 4 hrs on low and serve on buns ( I didnt do this step I don't really see the point to it as long as the meat is cooked the whole way through... not really sure the purpose but feel free to do it if you want!)

Mediterranean Summer Squash

*1/4 cup chopped onion (I just bought one large onion and used half for the sloppy joes and the other half for this)

*1 tablespoon olive oil

*1 small yellow summer squash

*1 small zucchini

*1 garlic clove, minced

*1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped ( I used a tomato medley because I love the colors and different combination of tomatoes)

*1/2 teaspoon dried oregano

*1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (I probably used more than this because I loovvvee cheese)

*salt and pepper to taste

**In a large skillet saute onion in oil until tender. Add squash and zucchini; saute 6-8 min. longer until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 min. longer. Stir in remaining ingredients and heat through.

This is seriously sooo yummy actually both recipes turned out really great so do try them out and let me know what you think!

*****Left over ideas:

Today for lunch I had left over sloppy joe mix and i added it to some noodles. It made for a great pasta sauce!

0 Leave Some Love:

Post a Comment