2 The Simple Life...

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I had something else to blog about today but my day has taken a turn for the worse and now I will save it for a later time.

This morning I went to buy my friend a gift for her baby shower and my card was declined. I know I had plenty of money on it so I went to try to withdraw some from an ATM. Nope. So I checked my account.
-300 some dollars. Sweet. There were not one but two $500 withdraws from Baltimore Md this morning. So I packed P up and we headed to the bank. They were very accommodating and it only took about and hour (which seemed like 10 with a toddler). They told me they would have the money back in my account by tomorrow and gave me a temporary card. They also told me that I needed to file a police report.

I got home and called the Baltimore PD non emergency number. The guy told me nicely that they can't file reports over the phone. That I would need to call my local PD and then they could fax them the information.

Next I call Falls Church PD because, well, I live in Falls Church. Turns out that was Falls Church City and I needed to call Fairfax County. So I call Fairfax County PD. They give me the number for their financial crimes line. I sat on the phone for 10 min and talked to a woman who said they would get back to me in 3-5 days.

And so I say I wish I lived a simple life. I wish I lived in a one horse town where the police knew me by name because there was a population of 100 people. I wish I lived in Stars Hollow (Gilmore Girls anyone?) I wish that police actually cared about the little things. Yeah I get it it's not a murder or a fire or a kidnapping but it is a serious crime and I would like to see it treated as such.
It makes me sad that I had to call 15 numbers before I finally had someone tell me that they would give me a call back in 3-5 business days.

When did simple tasks become so complicated? Why does it take 45 min. of being juggled over a phone to be told you will be called back in a week?

Ick what a suck day. At least I got myself a Starbucks which made me feel a little better. But now it's gone and I'm bummed again.

Well I hope your day was better than mine!


P was pushing her face against the glass at the bank... this was before she found out she could open the door with the handicap button... Leave a toddler alone in a bank for an hour and she can figure a lot of things out. 

A pity vote?
Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!




2 Leave Some Love:

Corri Beth said...

Oh my! So sorry your day didn't go well! I hope you can get things sorted out soon!

Joy said...

that sucks so hard! something similar happened to me last year only it happened on the first day i was back from maternity leave and right after i dropped B off for day care... made everything worse.

but i'm glad that everything is getting better...

i voted for you to help cheer you up!

Post a Comment