0 Guest Post//All Gussied Up

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hola and happy Saturday friends. If you are on the East coast I hope you are surviving Irene. I know my parents think the world will be ending today as for me I bet its just a little bit of heavy rain. I guess we shall see... either way my sister and I are stalked up on lots of wine and having a slumber party weekend at her house while her hubby is away for a bachelor party. So blah blah moving on..

Today I have a guest post from Amanda over at All Gussied Up. I'v mentioned before that I have the pleasure of knowing Amanda in person. We went to WVU and graduated from the fashion design program together. She is one of the sweetest and most talented people I know and I'm so happy to have here here at The Peanut Gallery. Amanda took part in Baltimore fashion week last week and is here today to tell you a little bout it!

********************************************
I just finished up with Baltimore Fashion Week and I thought it would be fun to discuss some trends for Fall.  Although Baltimore isn’t a fashion capital, some collections hit the mark, while others straggled far behind.  Here are a few of my favorite styles to get you all gussied up for Fall.

Plaids and Tartan Wool.  The wool skirt is a staple.  From subtle plaids to oversized houndstooth, express yourself with the plaids of your choice.  In the Gilly Lynn collection, the oversized houndstooth worked perfect on a mini skirt, while a vibrant plaid complimented a traditional cape.  Be mindful of proportion.  A floor length, wool coat in oversized plaid would be a mistake.

Gilly Lynn Collection
Jen Jackson Photography



The Poncho.  A true 1970s statement piece is back in full swing.  Ponchos and capes add a great amount of volume to your outfit.  Be sure to keep your flowy skirts and super wide leg pants in your closet on the days you dawn your poncho.  You don’t want to be swimming in a sea of fabric.


Deep Rich Blue.  The beauty of sapphire is gracing the collections for Fall.  This rich jewel brings out skin tone and adds a sophisticated mark of color to your wardrobe.  Integrate it into your daily look with dresses, clutches, and baubles.

Chunky Knits.  Move over scarves, the knitted and crocheted look is perfect in coats, sweaters, and skirts.  Although it could be tempting, be very sure to avoid the crocheted jumpsuit look.  A few at fashion week did not follow said advice and let me just tell you, it wasn't the most flattering thing in the world.

Charlotte Hess
Charleston Fashion Week
Photographer: e-sy-lum



Thank Amanda!!! 

Now go stop by her blog and show some love! 

Stay safe west coasters! 

Also don;t forget to enter the Chili's Tshirt giveaway!

0 Leave Some Love:

Post a Comment