5 Prima Ballerina

Monday, November 7, 2011

It's been a few weeks since we've been to dance class because we have been busy doing fallish activities and what not but we finally went on Saturday and P did really well. I'm pretty convinced her teacher doesn't like her though. I know what you're thinking, how could you not like that adorable little button nosed pumpkin? But it's not just my imaginiation. She always puts her last, she addresses her last, she is always correcting her, she get very annoyed when P is out of place. Let me remind you that this is a class for 2 and 3 year olds. I think P is the youngest of the group and that they other girls in the class are 3. I know it's only a year but it makes a huge difference. She does an awesome job for being 2. Her teacher just spends a lot of time making them sit and trying to explain positions and things when hi they are 2 and 3 years old! Let them get up and dance for goodness sake. She loves to dance. She loves turning music on and finding the rhythm. My dad went with us this week because Mikey had to work and even he said to me 'I think she ignores her on purpose.' I kinda wanna punch her in the face. But P loves it and we already paid for it so I guess we will wait it out. 
At least she doesn't understand and she smiles the whole time. That's all that matters. She loves to take the lead, she's my little prima ballerina.
After class we hit up the farmers market. Fresh crepes, apples, and pumpkin rolls made it to our bellies. Delicious as always.






5 Leave Some Love:

Olivia Grace said...

Poor P!! It's never a good feeling when you feel like someone is mistreating your child in any way. I've been involved in ballet, either dancing or teaching, since I was 3 and I can tell you that some teachers are very hard core and want to instill the discipline side of dance very early. That's all fine and dandy, but the teacher has to take into account the children and what they are developmentally capable of. We started Isabelle out in a "creative movement" class when she was 3: she learned the fundamentals but it was much more imaginative and relaxed. She started a more structured ballet class when she was 5. Good luck, she looks so beautiful with those pretty eyes!!!

Unknown said...

My daughter has been taking dance classes too, and I can't believe they even do them for kids this young! But I pay the money because my daughter has so much fun, and I actually think she learns a lot about following directions and being part of a group. I'm sorry her teacher is singling her out :( that's no fun! Maybe it will get better. She's stinking adorable in her little dance attire though ;)

The Peanut Gallery said...

Olivia~ The thing is we signed her up for dance class at the community center for that very reason, we wanted a class that was taken less seriously bc of her age and we didnt want to enroll her at a studio. Her teacher is young so I think she just doesnt know how to deal with children and she doesnt realize their attention span is still short. Its a 30 min. class and not exaggerating shes spends at least 15-20 of those min. with them sitting down in a circle. Maybe next time i will check teacher reviews.

uwmomma~ I feel like shes learning a lot too about group participation and she does really love it so thats why Im sticking it out it just is really hard as a mom to see that and have the feeling your child is singled out. Esp since on Sat there were only 2 other girls in the class and she still always put her last.

Anonymous said...

how can anyone not like that cutie! If she likes it thats good.. She is a cutie ballerina :)

the pumpkin roll looks yummy!

Jess and Tom Roberts said...

tom wouldnt let me sign dulany up for that reason. I guess our cousin took her little girl in and she hated it because the teacher was pretty strict. and they were like she's 3!!

so we have to wait until she's like 4-5 till we can sign her up. And we're too poor! hahaha. ahh the life of being a student's wife.

P looks too cute in her ballerina outfit!! D saw and goes "ohhh ballerina!!!" and ill say it again - her and D would have so much fun together!

Post a Comment